Maine Parent Federation has put together a panel of our partners!
- Attendees will learn about;
- Barriers experienced by adults with disabilities in getting services that support living independently and productively in their communities,
- COVID related issues & self-advocacy strategies to address them,
- How to use person-centered planning, reasonable accommodation and grievances as advocacy tools,
- How adults are using Telehealth services in Maine,
- The results of a recent survey of Maine community service providers,
- Assistive technology (AT) services, resources, and funding in Maine, and
- Success stories about adults with intellectual disabilities from the Maine DDC iPad Project.
Special thanks to our guest speakers! Lauren Mille, Esq, Disability Rights Maine, Marco Orlando, Speaking Up for Us, Alan Kurtz, Ph.D., Center for Community Inclusion and Disability Services, Kathy Adams OTL, ATP, MaineCite Director, Rachel Dyer, Maine DDC, Associate Director.